[tex-live] debian packages ready

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jul 18 17:55:46 CEST 2005

Dear all!

I have a set of debian packages of texlive ready, and I hope that soon I
can upload to www.tug.org. For now, here is the README file, please
tell me if I have forgotten something:

------------- 8< --------------------------
README forTeXlive for Debian
=============================

(status: 18.07.2005, Norbert Preining)

Here you can find Debian packages of the TeXlive system.

These packages are not for production systems and should only be used
by persons who know how to deal with bugs, errors, on the Debian side
and on the TeX side.

Please send comments and suggestions to the tex-live mailing list,
and nowhere else. Especially NOT to the debian-tetex-maint mailing list
or some other debian related list.

At the moment the binaries are only for i386, but packages for alpha can
be produced on request.

Installation:
-------------
Add
	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ binary/
to your /etc/apt/sources.list, apt-get update and
apt-get install texlive-latexrecommended should you get going.

Postinstallation stuff:
-----------------------
There are still some things you have to do *after* installation: Call once
	fmtutil-sys --all
(as root). This should give you a working TeX system.

Comments:
----------
* You need at least tex-common_0.3.4, which is also in this set, but not
  in debian/sid (for now).

* Conflicts:
  - texlive-psutils <-> lcdf-typetools
    this is ok, since we provide all the programs
  - texlive-psutils <-> psutils
    Here there is a problem, as kdeprint depends on psutils.
    So you either install psutils and kdeprint, or texlive-psutils and
    forget about kde(print). It is your option, and we are working on this.
  - texlive-fontsrecommended <-> lmodern
    For the TeX side there is no problem/lost. But the lmodern package
    also provides the fonts for the X-Window-Systems. Decide what you want.
  - texlive-latexextra <-> preview-latex-style
    Another problem. texlive contains the same files of preview-latex-style,
    but preview-latex (containing emacs stuff) depends on preview-latex-style.

That's it.

Herzliche Grüße
Best wishes

Norbert