[tex-live] Number of cbgreek Type 1 fonts

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 1 02:02:39 CEST 2005

    Shall I do it?  More opinions, please.

Surely cm-super is used by far more people than cbgreek.  Since we
already slashed cm-super, I see no particular reason not to do the same
for cbgreek.  I don't recall any huge reason why Hans and I chose the
partial cut-down last year, basically just because that freed up enough
space, I think.

Just be sure to hack the map files to remove all the no-longer-available
fonts.

The annoying part of having to do these cut-down things is that it
becomes very difficult to automate updates.  With cbgreek last year and
cm-super this year, I didn't try ...