[tex-live] Debian Packages of TeXlive

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 00:44:39 CET 2005

Frank Küster wrote:

>Did I understand right - this would mean/have meant 75 packages? I'd
>rather reduce this.

but the big problem with teTeX is that it *isnt*
broken into rational packages. we want to solve that

>I don't see the problem here. When you release tex-live, there is some
>defined state of your version control system (btw, is it publically
>accessible for reading?)

Perforce, on sun.dante.de:1666

moving to Subversion soon, we hope

>By the way, how do you create the files from dtx files and install them
>in the texmf tree - is this automated, or done by hand as in teTeX?

its automated, but run by hand, if you see what I mean

> What
>about documentation?

ditto

>What about licenses and the requirement to be Free Software? There are a
>couple of files on CTAN which are distributable, but have certain
>restrictions that go beyond what LPPL does.

our aim is to be Free. but I can well believe we have missed some packages.
We dont stock anything we _know_ to be non-conformant.

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk