[tex-live] Re: Packaging TeXlive as Debian packages

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 17:17:37 CET 2005

Norbert Preining wrote:

>Well, documentation normally is in /usr/share/doc/<package>/...
>How to cope with this, no idea ATM, but who cares for now.

anything in collection foo which comes from texmf-doc is copied to
debian/tl-foo/usr/share/doc/tl-foo;
should be fairly easy

>Hmm, not that I know. I dont know where tex/kpse searches for the `first
>prime' texmf.cnf (from which it takes all other search pathes)? I
>thought from
>	../../texmf/web2c
>ie ATM
>	Master/bin/alpha-linux/tex
>is looking for
>	Master/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
>
>Olaf? Does this also work with one directory level less?

if you do a debugging run, you'll see it searches a whole list of places.
my recollection is that this includes ../share/texmf/web2c.

>Anyway, as I guess that the binaries have to be rebuild on the debian
>devel hosts we can fix this.

if I am right, we can get past this stage for now

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk