[tex-live] Updating some files in texmf-dist

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Jan 4 20:51:58 CET 2005

On Jan 4, 2005, at 19:32, Karl Berry wrote:

>     Does this mean that the next stuff will all go via cvs/sarovar?
>
> sarovar, yes, I hope so.
>
> cvs vs. svn (vs. p4), yet to be seen.

I think a freeze during the transition is of course necessary. But when
the decision about what and where has not even been taken, does a
freeze now make any sense? Why  not make sure we know what is going to
happen first, then make a plan and include the freeze period in that
migration plan. The way it goes now, we go into an indefinite freeze.

What holds for source.development also holds a bit for texmf-dist.
After all, texmf-dist is in part also development. I have not seen a
compelling argument why texmf-dist shoul dbe frozen while
source.development should not.