[tex-live] Problem compiling latest source.development (new ncurses)

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sat Feb 19 10:49:57 CET 2005

> It turned out that a make clean in between solved this problem. That means
> that the makefile for dialog is incomplete, it does not detect that
> libncurses (or the header) has changed and that this means that everything
> needs to be recompiled.

There is a dependency for relinking dialog if the library changes:

te at gauss:/build/X/utils/dialog> make
make: Für das Ziel »default« ist nichts zu tun.

te at gauss:/build/X/utils/dialog> touch ../../libs/ncurses/lib/libncurses.a

te at gauss:/build/X/utils/dialog> make
gcc  dialog.o checklist.o inputbox.o menubox.o msgbox.o textbox.o yesno.o radiolist.o gauge.o rc.o strcasecmp.o -o dialog ../../libs/ncurses/lib/libncurses.a

Beyond this, I don't want to add dependencies (e.g. to header files or
other internals of the library).

Thomas