Tex-Live Debian packages (was: [tex-live] updates to TL source)

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Tue Feb 15 20:38:18 CET 2005

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> I have checked in what I have, not much, but can be found in
> 	Master/Tool/tl2deb
> there also is the proposal text which is/must be reworked.
>
> The script tpm2deb.pl is a bit documented and for sure needs a bit of
> adjustment to get it to work on under systems (pathes are wrong!),
> otherwise I am able to create deb packages (ok, no policy compliant ;-)

I missed this - where is the current repository? These files don't seem
to be at

http://cvs.sarovar.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/?cvsroot=texlive

By the way, I also thought about the texlive Debian packages. And I
think we should probably split (most of) the debianization stuff from
tetex-bin into a tex-common package (update-updmap, update-texmf, etc.,
maybe a basic texmf.cnf or rather its parts in
/etc/texmf/texmf.d/). Then we need not code this twice, you can simply
depend on that.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster