[tex-live] TeXlive for Debian - post ftpmaster release
preining at logic.at
Thu Dec 1 14:31:32 CET 2005
Ok, the first try was a bummer. Rejected by ftpmaster. So what, it
started a long and interesting discussion on debian-devel.
I have now redone a lot, means:
. merged everything to 5 source packages
. renamed several packages to conform more with Debian standards
. killed the three tools/utls packages which are only marginally related
to TeX (graphicstools, ttfutils, psutil) and are partly already in
. Started to use TEXMFDIST=usr/share/texmf-texlive
So there have been a buch of changes.
THUS: CALL FOR TESTERS!!!
I have put a new set on the tug server, and added several usefull
information to the website there about how to come around to install
packages depending on tetex.
Please Neil, NO UPLOAD NOW! I want to get tests. If you have time you
can already get the source packages (everything has changed, you have to
get everything anew, sorry) and build them, but please no upload for
I have completely switched *all* my working machines to these packages,
and have repackaged several debian packages depending originally only on
tetex to depend alternatively on texlive (see web site).
So again, please test, and don't forget to purge everything before
installing the new set!
For the testers: Please PURGE everything and reinstall, as the version
is STILL 2005-1 (the old one was renamed -0.2 ;-)
Current Version: 2005-1 (still!, I renamed the old one to 0.2)
Get it at
deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/
deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/
http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html contains a lot of information, please
As usual, the log files of the creation process are in
All the lintian errors are overriden or fixed, only the missing manpages
are still there. I can (and will not) not do this now, to write 40 man
pages. This is for later.
Complete Changelog for this version and the previous one:
version 2005-1 experimental Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:35:55 +0100
* add symlink from texmf-texlive/ls-R to /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXLIVE
* kill packages ttf-utils, ps-utils, graphics-tools, they should become
proper Debian packages
* upload to experimental, based on scripts revision 197.
* Upload sponsored by Neil McGovern <maulkin at halon.org.uk>
* another round of package renaming, adaptions to the perl script
* move only the files from texmf-dist and texmf-doc to texmf-texlive,
leave others in place (more work for teTeX cooperation has to be done)
* fix lintian generation for source packages
* reduce number of source packages
* rename various packages
* properly clean up debian subdir with target clean, ie remove the
generated maintainer scripts and the generated .link files.
* upgrade pgf in texlive-pictures to 1.01 for compatibility fixes
* Close the ITP (Closes: #312897)
* add a dependency tl-htmlxml -> tl-latexrecommended because jadetex
needs the ecrm fonts.
* switch to texmf-texlive tree, which also makes a dependency on
tex-common >= 0.12 necessary.
version 2005-0.2 UNRELEASED Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:49:00 +0100
* this release was uploaded as -1 to experimental but rejected. Thus
the release was renamed as -0.2 and a new -1 will be generated.
* re-add updmap-sys call to the postrm scripts
* make updmap-sys silent in postinst script
* make fmtutil-sys silent in postinst script
* make mktexlsr silent in postinst script
* change depend on tex-common to >= 0.11 for TEXMFSYSCONFIG change
* fix lintian source override installation
* fix etex/pdfetex format generation problem
* remove the 04TeXlive hack as the change will go into tex-common 0.11
* remap only a few config files (those for programs) to /etc/texmf/texlive
* try to fix the conundrum with format generation. This is a complete
upstream chaos (ok, also upstream I created the chaos ;-). Should be
fixed rather soon.
* fix invocation of grep in common.functions to add || true, since grep
returns if no match found
* fix installation of TeXlive.cnf as 04TeXlive.cnf into /e/t/texmf.d
* add a overriding TEXMF variable to 04TeXlive.cnf which includes
TEXMFCONFIG without !! (Should actually be fixed in tex-common!)
* remove the long invocation of language.dat
* fix merging of common.functions into postrm and prerm
* fix regexp for installing lintian.override files
* add common.functions and merge it into the maintainer scripts
* change check for the existence of a format from kpsewhich fmt.ini
to a fmtutil-sys --listcfg check (in common.functions)
* Leave the map files in TEXMFMAIN and do not remap them to /etc/texmf
* New configuration file handling, all the files are left in their
normal place and config files to shadow these files should be put
* Add override for TEXMFSYSCONFIG to /etc/texmf
* give the updmap.d, fmt.d, and language.d config snippets priority 10
and only the us language snippet the 09 priority.
* create a README.Debian
* lintian override for a2perl header problem
* add a distribution entry to the ChangeLog file and make tpm2deb.pl
aware of it
* fix all remaining man page warnings of lintian
* load tpm data from a dump of the %TpmData using perl::Storable,
significantly speeding up the initialization time at source-deb
* add additional override for texlive-langgerman that german is correct
* fix the man page errors (wrong char and ttf2pt1)
Dr. Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
GREAT TOSSON (n.)
A fat book containing four words and six cartoons which cost £6.95.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff
More information about the tex-live