[tex-live] [de.comp.text.tex] Re: hfoldsty und microtype - font problem

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Mon Aug 29 10:23:39 CEST 2005

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     If you don't break them now, when are you going to break them?
>
> I don't know.  Not this year, in my view.

Why not this year?  Why do you think that the situation gets better over
time?  Just because other TeX distributions do the hard work for texlive?
Then why not get together and do it now, making the painful time shorter?

>     When we tried to compile all¹ Debian packages that Build-Depend on teTeX
>
> The problem is not software manuals, packages, etc.  All that is already
> fixed or easily fixable, I don't mind breaking living documents.  The
> problem is the ten zillion archived *user* documents.
>
> As Thomas said, this is a painful subject to discuss.  Let's drop it for
> now, please.

Okay, I'll bring that up again when Sebastian is back.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich