[tex-live] Problem with T1 encoding and Type1 fonts

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 25 23:14:38 CEST 2005

    TeX Live on DVD has plenty of free space, so why not install the
    full package?). -

Because the compressed TL on CD doesn't have space.  That's why the
issue of space comes up in the first place.  Having the CD and DVD
distributions be different seems very bad to me.

    similar situation (with mized Type1 and PK fonts) would occur with TeX
    Live's CBgreek fonts...

cbgreek is one thing (we made that change last year and I haven't
received a single mail about it).  Every document using EC/T1/Cork is
something else again.  One way or another, straightforward latex
documents using that encodings must continue to use only Type 1 fonts.

karl