[tex-live] TeXlive for Debian/Sarge and upward - version 2005.08.24-1 online

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Aug 25 09:04:32 CEST 2005

Dear friends!

A new generation of Debian packages of TeX live are available on the tug
server, this time build in a pbuilder env for Sarge, so these packages
should be usable on all Debian systems from Sarge upward. As usual see
	http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html
and get it at
 	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/
 	deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/

Note: If you had an older version of the packages installed, PLEASE
completely purge these packages before installing the new ones!
tex-common (>= 0.7) takes over some files from texlive, and for now I
don't care to put Replace fields for texlive into tex-common.

Note 2: I am leaving for vacation and I will return on 11. September.
>From this sunday on (28.) I won't read any emails and won't work on TeX
live, but I hope to see these packages getting more testing.

Changes since 2005.08.21-1:
version 2005.08.24-1 Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:10:02 +0200

24.08.2005 NP
  * Everything is build with depot at change #7842
  * Really fix the info problem: Now all the info files are converted at
    install time to unix line endings. Thus also the strange ^M in the
    postinst script install-info commands should be fixed.

23.08.2005 NP
  * New source version, including up to perforce change #7836
    This includes fixed versions of pdftex, mpost, dvipdfmx, and as usual
    several updates to  (La)TeX packages.
  * fixes the dvips.info install problem
  * lm is now included in texlive-basic, so changed conflicts in tpm2deb.cfg
  * generation of /var/cache/font/* and various ls-R files has moved to
    tex-common (>= 0.7), thus also the changed Depends
  * Dependency on tex-common (>= 0.7) also fixes the lambda with all
    languages problem in dumping the format file

22.08.2005 NP
  * Include the included packages and their title in the long description
    of the control files, and generate the control files automatically.

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
EPSOM (n.)
An entry in a diary (such as a date or a set of initials) or a name
and address in your address book, which you haven't the faintest idea
what it's doing there.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff