[tex-live] hyphenation exception list max

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Aug 24 01:32:06 CEST 2005

In the process of updating the hyphenation exception list for the next
tugboat (going to the printer later this week, hopefully), Barbara and I
discovered that the list, after Werner's hyphenex.sh script is run to
produce variants, has grown to about 1025 entries.

TL's texmf.cnf sets hyph_size to 1000.  So if anyone actually tried to
use the list, they'd lose.

So I'd like to increase hyph_size to 5000 (at least).  Anyone see
problems with that, or have a different number to propose?  (I'll also
ask Christian to do the same with miktex.)

Thanks,
Karl