[tex-live] TL binary builds?

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 17:57:07 CEST 2005

Hi Karl,

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Karl Berry wrote:
> i386_64-linux				Tigran

Hmmm, someone decided to rename the standard name x86_64 to a strange
"i386_64"? This is unfortunate and imho wrong decision because the name
x86_64 is standard and is used in many contexts (e.g. as arch part of an
rpm filename, as a subdirectory in Linux kernel source tree, in uname -a
output etc etc). (I can imagine only those who particularly hate Intel for
taking AMD_64 and calling it x86_64 without any reference to AMD would
object to the name x86_64.)

Anyway, I'll build it of course. I'll download the sources and do it, but
not right now. If it's OK to wait 2 more weeks that would be great (I need
to finish something urgent by the end of next week).

Kind regards,

Tigran