[tex-live] XGrabServer

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Aug 20 00:36:22 CEST 2005

    /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
    _XGrabServer
    _XUngrabServer

Those are supposed to be in -lX11 (since day 1).  I don't think anything
has changed in TL in this regard since last year.  Strange.

Googling for that error message shows a few people with the same
problem, no obvious answer.  Maybe you'll see something better, though.

There was some suggestion to use ".dylibs" where possible.  Does that
make sense to you?  (I assume you have the X11 SDK installed, which was
the other thing mentioned.)

Anyway, running nm libX* | grep rabServer  should at least show you
where they are (or are not) defined ...

Nothing comes easy.