[tex-live] Re: TL binary builds?

Manfred Lotz manfred.lotz at web.de
Fri Aug 19 20:59:07 CEST 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:14:40 +0200
karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

> Hi Manfred, Gerben, all,
>
> I guess I should have mentioned that the current sources are in
> source.development.  Olaf made some fixes last night in the course of
> updating mips-irix, so the last change which needs to be included at
> this point is #7721 on 2005/08/13 13:07:22.  Gerben, sorry, I don't
> know what time zone that is or how to translate into yours.
>
> Anyway, besides p4, the sources can be retrieved by rsync:
>   rsync -a --exclude Images \
>     tug.org::tldevsrc/Build/source.development/TeX/texk/web2c .
> Or http:
>   wget -np --mirror \
>     http://tug.org/texlive/devsrc/Build/source.development/TeX/texk/web2c

Hi Karl,
I did it using rsync. It worked fine. Thanks.

I'm not exactly an expert to know how to build it. Therefore without
better knowing I tried

./configure --prefix=`pwd` --datadir=`pwd` --enable-multiplatform

That worked. Then I tried: make
and got:

cd lib && make   -I /home/manfred/Documents/programming/make CC='cc'
CFLAGS='-O -pipe ' LDFLAGS='' make: don't know how to make /config.h.
Stop *** Error code 2

Stop in /data/dl/web2c.

The problem seems to be that in lib/Makefile  the variable
kpathsea_srcdir isn't defined and this gives /config.h for
$(kpathsea_srcdir)/config.h

I guess this is all my fault. If you could tell me how to properly
build it?

--
Manfred