[tex-live] RFC/RFS: TeXlive for Debian

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Aug 19 02:41:05 CEST 2005

Dear friends! Dear DDs! Dear TeX Gurus!

I would like to ask for comments on the packages of TeX live I have
created. The original ITP is #312897, see

The TeX live for Debian packages consists out of 66 source packages and
78 binary packages. These packages are all build more or less
automatically from the TeX live perforce depot.

For more detailed information please see
	http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html

In a nutshell, you need:
       deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/
       deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ pool/
and if you want texinfo installed too, you also have to use my local
texinfo packages (which will get NMUed by someone else soon). They are
available at
       deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ texinfo/
       deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ texinfo/
After apt-get update you can install texlive-latexrecommended for a
start.

At
	http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/log/
you can find several log file, namely:
        collection-*.build.log
                Output of the build process using tpm2deb.pl and
                dpkg-buildpackage
        texlive-*_version.lintian.log
                the output of lintian texlive-*_version.changes
        lintian.log
                the compilation of lintian-log files ordered by
                error/warning tags and pkgs.
	texlive-*_version.linda.log
		the output of linda -f lintian texlive-*_version.changes
	linda.log
		the compilation of linda-log files ordered by
		error/warning tags and pkgs.

Please note that the packages are ATM being rsynced to www.tug.org. They
should be there within a few hours. All the packages have version
	2005.08.18-1

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018