[tex-live] TeXlive for Debian - Comments from DD and Mentor(s)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Aug 11 11:35:44 CEST 2005

Hi Frank, hi Alex!

May I ask you again for a comment on packaging:

On Mit, 10 Aug 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> >> According to policy, the documentation should be in/below
> >> /usr/share/doc/debname/.  Therefore you should in fact make a symlink
> >> from there to /usr/share/doc/texmf/<someplace>.
> >
> > So to be sure: The real files *MUST* exist in /usr/share/doc/debname/
> > and the files in /usr/share/doc/texmf/... are symbolic links. True?
>
> The direction of the symlink doesn't matter.  There's a "should" clause
> in the Policy for /usr/share/doc/debname/, and there's a "must" clause
> in texdoc'c code; but IMO both can be satisfied if the files can be
> found at both places; the physical location doesn't matter.

Ok, now I have all the files in
	/usr/share/texmf/doc/...
and symlinks from
	/usr/share/doc/package/... to /usr/share/texmf/doc

(BTW, sidenote: Frank, did you mean /usr/share/doc/texmf and not
/usr/share/texmf/doc? In texcommon there is TEXDOCS = .;$TEXMF/doc//)

Furthermore, I have installed all the info files. Now:

. Since the doc files are *not* present anymore in
  /usr/share/doc/package/... dh_compress leave them uncompressed.
  Is this OK?

. Can I leave the info files also in /usr/share/texmf/doc/.... where
  they are present in TeX live, or should they not installed into TEXMF;
  and only into /usr/share/info?

Well, that's it. More suggestions from your side?

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018