[tex-live] TeXlive for Debian - Comments from DD and Mentor(s)

LUK ShunTim shuntim.luk at polyu.edu.hk
Tue Aug 9 07:32:10 CEST 2005

Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Alex, hi Frank! Hi all!
>
> ATM a new set of binaries and sources are uploaded to tug.org. They
> should be there in about 3h, see
> 	http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html

[snipped]

I'm putting in my 2 cents as a user.

I started using texlive (instead of tetex) on a new notebook pc for a
couples of days without any problem. As it is, texlive conflicts with
the tetex stuff -- tetex-bin, ... and texlive-texinfo conflicts with
texinfo. However, there are debian packages that depends on them. Is it
correct to say that now texlive provides the capabilities of at least
tetex-bin, tetex-base and texinfo? (I think so but I'm not 100% sure.)
If so, it would be great if it can be worked out that the dependency can
now be provided by texlive (texlive-basicbin provides tetex-bin, for
example). Perhaps this has to involve the tetex maintainers as well.

A big thanks for the deb packages.

Regards,
ST