[tex-live] Re: Problem with pdflatex/includegraphics

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Fri Apr 15 00:07:59 CEST 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Karl Berry wrote:

>     ! I can't find file `*pdftex.ini'.
>
> I don't know how it happened or where it came from, but clearly the *
> is incorrect here.  The filename should just be "pdftex.ini", not
> "*pdftex.ini".

But the line

pdfetex -ini   -jobname=pdftex -progname=pdftex
-translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdftex.ini

works here, with "*". I had the same error as michal accidentally a few
minutes ago while installing pdfetex-1.21b beta over teTeX. Can't really
reconstruct it, but after removing pdfetex, pdftex, and pdflatex from
the bin directory, copying fresh pdfetex there, and linking pdftex and
pdflatex to pdfetex the problem went away.

Regards, Hartmut