[tex-live] Re: new binaries

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Sep 25 10:26:26 CEST 2004

On Sep 25, 2004, at 09:15, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> There is a new binaries tl2004-macosx-build.tar.bz2 uploading. Done
>> in 5 minutes.
>>
>> ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tl2004-macosx-build.tar.bz2
>
> they look huge. did you forget to strip them?

Yes. And this is also how I lost the links initially, the strip command
made a copy and thus destroyed the symlinks. So I now need to create a
script that checks for non-symlink before trying to do the strip.

I was wondering if we could not remove the -g flag from a normal
compile. Who is debugging anyway? Developers? But they have deep
control over what is happening anyway. So, why shouldn't the default
build not be without symbols and optimized?