[tex-live] sparc solaris binaries etc.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 24 00:25:51 CEST 2004

    Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . .
    ./install-pkg-live.sh: !: not found

This looks to be some sort of quoting bug.  I don't have a
sparc-solaris2.7 machine any more, and I couldn't reproduce in a
standalone test on 2.8, and the script seemed to work on Linux.  Does it
work for you if you run "bash install-pkg..."?

Anyway, looking at the code, the problematic construct seemed to be
  eval grep "\!"

I changed the " to '.  Maybe that will help.

If it still fails, please send me the output of sh -vx install-pkg...

Thanks,
karl