[tex-live] sparc solaris binaries etc.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 20 23:29:07 CEST 2004

    Installed on sparc solaris 2.7 texlive from Master tree rsync'ed
    2004-09-18 I assume it is the same as installing from texlive-live CD.

It is not quite the same, but it is close enough to be useful.

    1. Installation worked, although produced lot of messages
    /opt/gnu/bin/tar: texmf/xdvi/xdvi.cfg: Could not create file: Permission denied
    (script attemts to copy many of the files several times)

Strangely, this does not happen for me (on i386-linux).  (It happened in
previous releases, though.)  Can you please tell me exactly what
commands you give to the install script, so I can try to reproduce?

It would be bizarre to me that it only happened on sparc, although I
suppose anything is possible.

    4. pdflatex (sparc solaris platform) produces pdf with errors in
    embedding fonts.  Here is Acrobat Reader's error message:  "Unable to
    extract the embedded font 'ZWWGZN+CMSS10'. Some characters may not
    display or print correctly."

Martin or Hans or anyone, do you have any insight into this?

Thanks,
karl