[tex-live] texconfig behaviour (repost with subject line) (Modified by Gerben Wierda)

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Sep 16 20:32:20 CEST 2004

My installer initially runs a "texconfig localsetup" on a non-terminal
session inside the app, but the output becomes

### tex.configure: Started...
### tex.configure: Creating a local setup for texconfig...

+--------------------------- TeX Live setup utility
---------------------------+
| Could not find default config file for pdftex (pdftexconfig.tex)
(/usr/local/t
eTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex).

| The program will exit now.

the call is

     system( "texconfig localsetup </dev/null");

but it tries to do a tcdialog anyway:

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/texconfig: line 1904:
  3840 Segmentation fault      TERM=$DIALOG_TERM
TERMINFO=$DIALOG_TERMINFO tcdialog --title "$version setup utility"
${1+"$@"}
### tex.configure: Failed to run texconfig localsetup. Bailing out...

I think texconfig was supposed not to do a tcdialog when it is not
attached to a terminal? This was changed a while ago if I recall
correctly.

I am running the new binaries against an old-style tree setup. I do
wonder why texconfig looks in share/texmf/tex but that is probably
because of a texmf.cnf that has to be revised to work with the new
binaries. The pdftexconfig.tex file is new to me, probably part of the
changes of the last month.

Gerben