[tex-live] Bug in updmap?!

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Oct 28 11:59:48 CEST 2004

Thomas Esser wrote:

>>I would vote for this one too.
>

> On the other hand, I don't want to make the old call invalid, which
> means that my script will continue to allow --enable Map foo.map.

i see no problem in that; say that users on windows use that option
(which will not happen if it's not documented), they will notice that it
does not work and revert two the split alternative.

> Which means that you are either incompatible with that or that you have to
> support this, too. So, I wonder if it is worth adding the other options.

How bad is it not to be compatible with that option? Is it widely used?
If so, it would had given problems on windows in the past (i guess).
Also, this tex live is already not downward compatible in other aspects,
so why bother with it here -)

somehow it sounds weird to me to try to keep a shell and perl script
compatible to that level

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE