[tex-live] Bug in updmap?!

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Thu Oct 28 10:46:59 CEST 2004

"TE" == Thomas Esser writes:

 >> Furthermore, it appears to me that the original updmap shell
 >> script also supports "--opt value" and "--opt=value".

 TE> I can change the updmap script to support: updmap --enable 'Map
 TE> foo.map' updmap --enable='Map foo.map' (similar for the other
 TE> options which currently don't have a "=" syntax).

To me, the syntax --enable='Map foo.map' looks ugly
And it does not match what Fabrice is using: --enable Map=foo.map
so it will just create one more weird wariation of syntax.

If i had to change it, i would use --enable-map and --enable-mixedmap
options which accept one parameter (filename).

 TE> Of course, I'd like to keep updmap --enable Map foo.map for
 TE> backward compatibility.

Best,
v.