[tex-live] TL2004: adding a map to pdftex only

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Oct 20 09:18:01 CEST 2004

Karl Berry wrote:

>     \pdfmapfile{+acchsh.map}
>
> Please excuse my ignorance, but what are these map files that are only
> supposed to be loaded with pdftex?  (I can't find acchsh.map on CTAN,
> etc.)  Why would you want to only use map files with one program and not
> all?

because the programs can have different syntaxes / options (in my opnion
we should move to an xml based map file syntax, properly tagged and
extensible)

(i discussed this map loading etc issue with the dvipdfmx maintainers,
and they are willing to/in the process of implementing \pdfmapfile|line
like specials; and having the same map syntax would be great as well (i
think they need more due to the more advanced encoding support of
dvipdfmx); i dunno about dvips, but it would be nice if it would also
kind of conform to what pdftex does

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE