[tex-live] arabtex

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Oct 17 17:41:56 CEST 2004

On Oct 17, 2004, at 17:21, Karl Berry wrote:

>     are there any versions of tex-live containing arabtex and
>     small enough to fit on a single CD ?
>
> Sadly, no.  ArabTeX's license is something like "free for scientific
> use".  Since TL is distributed by user groups to raise funds, it can't
> be included.

That is what the web site says, but the readme says:

	ArabTeX is copyrighted by the author. If you use the system for
	scientific work please give appropriate credit to the software
	and the author (e.g. in the colophon of a monograph.) We also
	appreciate a complimentary copy of any scientific work produced
	with ArabTeX.

	ArabTeX may be redistributed and/or modified under the terms
    	of the LaTeX Project Public License distributed from CTAN
    	archives in the directory "macros/latex/base/lppl.txt"; either
    	version 1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.