[tex-live] ptexmac.h out of sync?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Oct 16 18:38:40 CEST 2004

    > Non-functional difference:
    Hm...
    p4 describe 5444

Which results in:
> pdftex: fix bug in png inclusion with long lines (patch to ptexmac.h)

Well, maybe some of the variables are unsigned.  In that case, I guess
x-y<0 may not be equivalent to x<y, although I can't say I'm sure about
that.  Can't imagine when else it would be different.

However, I don't think it matters.  dvips is never going to include .png
files anyway, afaik.  Furthermore, it only uses ptexmac.h in writet1.c.
I don't feel like checking exhaustively, but at a glance none of the
macros using pdfbufsize (the macro that changed) are used in writet1.c.

Wdyt?