[tex-live] Fwd: [OS X TeX] pdftex 1.20a

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Wed Oct 13 23:23:09 CEST 2004

On 13 Oct 2004, at 23:23, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> /usr/local/perforce/TeXLive/Build/source/TeX/texk/kpathsea/texmf.cnf:
>> font_max         =              2000
>> /usr/local/perforce/TeXLive/Build/source.development/TeX/texk/
>> kpathsea/
>> texmf.cnf:font_max = 1000
>>
>> My source directory contains TL2003. source.development contains
>> TL2004. Why the lowering? And can we put this back to what it was?
>
> Anyway, we're distributing Master/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf:
> font_max     = 2000
>
> There are some reasons that this file is adjusted by hand, eg.
> % TEMP = /var/tmp
> which couldn't work on Win32, etc.

Sorry, I get the feeling it is the other way around. The ones I found
differ between TL2003 and TL2004 and are both created by "make install"
and are independent from Master.  The one in Master for instance does
not have TEXMFDIST (while this is how the Master structure is today).
It seems more to me that the one in Master is less updated than the one
in source.development. Oh, and /var/tmp does not exist on every unix...

Anyway, does anybody have a problem with me changing texmf.in so that
it has font_max as it was in TL2003? Because I do use the one from
source(.development) like teTeX does afaik.