[tex-live] p4 sync not working?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 10 18:29:31 CEST 2004

    if it's still located at Daimi then the problem may be that Daimi made
    some system upgrades saturday, but they should be finished by now.

The p4 server is not now and has never been located at tug -- it's at
sun.dante.de.

What's on tug is the p4 checkout that the nightly builds happen from.

Norbert told me separately that:

    it starts with:
    $ p4 sync
    //depot/Build/cdbuild/logs/log#106 - updating ///usr/TeX/texlive-src/Build/cdbuild/logs/log

    and then nothing, finish, nothing goes on.

That log file is huge, 37mb, so I suspect it is doing something, it's
just taking a long time.  Anyway, seems something went wrong in my log
rotation script, since it currently includes every change since 2000,
and that's not the way it's supposed to be.  I'll look into that.  Sorry.