[tex-live] unix/windows inst, binaries

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 11:01:41 CEST 2004

Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:

>1. before building everynight .iso, texmf/list/ should be updated

surely this is already in the rebuild script?

>2. I've observed that everynight tlrebuild can break correct/updated
>   .tpm files, e.g. I updated mex and also mex.tpm (#6100), but
>   after that tlrebuild spoiled mex.tpm (#6105), so some small additions
>   dissapeared

you need to look at why. the assumption is that FP's tpm-mangler
is safe to run on every file. If its not, please diagnose it!

>OK. but small programs like diff, grep or wget could be handy...

for goodness sake, this is a typesetting distribution,
not an operating system distribution. If you want to convert
Windows people to use a decent system, give them Knoppix,
don't cover up the cracks with copies of diff and grep

sebastian