[tex-live] unixinst.iso

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 4 19:49:28 CEST 2004

    I hope "unix inst" will contain windows binaries,

Right now, it doesn't.  I'm not sure if there will be enough space.

    because one might want to install multiple binaries on unix machine
    and share e.g. via samba

I know this has been a possibility in the past, but how many people have
made use of it?  Do you?  It's really only useful for Unix TeX geeks
working on Windows, i.e., people who try to make their Windows machines
look like Unix, because there wouldn't be any support files or GUI or
Windows install, just the bare binaries.

In the times I've made the windows binaries available that way, no real
user ever actually touched them.

It would probably be possible to go the other way -- install the windows
binaries from the windows disc and then copy/share them onto the Unix side.