[tex-live] Build fails for FreeBSD 4.10

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Oct 1 15:25:15 CEST 2004

    cd .. && make  am--refresh
    make: don't know how to make am--refresh. Stop

This is so frustrating.  Maybe we don't need the FreeBSD build either,
if we're dropping OpenBSD?  Manfred, do you (or anyone else) actually
use the binaries we're working so hard to create?

Anyway ... did you preserve timestamps in the rsync?  The error message
is not exactly clear, but I would guess it's related to my
texinfo/util/Makefile.* change to fix your $< problem.  util/Makefile.in
should be newer then util/Makefile.am:

tug$ ls -l util/Makefile*
-r--r--r--  1 karl users  1867 Sep 29 15:18 util/Makefile.am
-r--r--r--  1 karl users 19598 Sep 29 15:19 util/Makefile.in

(It also shouldn't be trying to remake Makefile.in at all, without
--enable-maintainer-mode, but that's something for bug-automake.)