[tex-live] Is this a real PNG/pdfTeX error in TL2004? Or Mac OS Xonly?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Nov 16 15:35:28 CET 2004

    I am in favour of getting Thanh's last fixes

Oh, I'm in favor "in theory", but it's not a simple patch + recompile.
>From what I gather from Martin, there is a pdftex beta cycle to go
through before it will be released.  We cannot wait for that indefinite
period (certainly weeks, probably months).

And I'm really not in favor of just slamming in a beta libpng library
(let alone a whole new pdftex source) at the last second.

No release is ever perfect, and there's always going to be another one ...