[tex-live] windvi 0.67 bug report

navara at cmp.felk.cvut.cz navara at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
Mon Nov 8 07:15:10 CET 2004

	Dear Mr. Popineau!
With the TeX installation distributed by CSTUG, I installed your program windvi 0.67.3
under Windows XP.
Although I appreciate your effort invested in it, I encounter too many bugs which
prevent me from using this program. These are, among others:

1. Refresh sometimes does not work (and the button has no effect).

2. Even windows (the second, the fourth, ...) cannot be resized - only maximized or
minimized, otherwise they are not displayed. This surprisingly does not apply to odd
windows.

3. It happened to me that a log file has been displayed with abundance of error
messages.
OK, this may be caused by a mistake in fonts installation. The problem is that it was
impossible to stop error messages regularly and close the window; I had to interrupt the
windvi process.

4. Printing succeeds, but it is accompanied by an error message:
missing gsdll32.dll

5. The configuration changed spontaneously (antialiasing switched off) and the
attempts to change it back produced only an error message.

I am surprised that CSTUG repeatedly distributes this program with TeX without any
update.

Do you, please, know of an upgrade of this program or an alternative solution?
	Yours sincerely
		Mirko Navara
--
Center for Machine Perception