[tex-live] Install stranded at format generation

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Wed Nov 3 00:34:22 CET 2004

I downloaded the test image and tried to install under Debian
Linux/ppc. I first installed texmf trees and then installed
binaries from source.

`make all' went fine. `make install' went haywire: generation of
LaTeX formats failed over a missing ..hyph.tex file. For the
xmltex format, a latex format is needed so another attempt was
made to generate a latex format. Somehow, recursion happened and
lots of pdfetex- and fmtutil processes got spawned.

I may try later this week what happens if I install all hyphenation
files.

--
Siep Kroonenberg