[tex-live] lambda, omega, latex.ini

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Thu May 13 16:34:07 CEST 2004

Ok, I seem to have reached my goal with files and their location.

I won't claim that my perl scripts are bullet proof or well documented, but
well, at least they seem to provide the kind of functionality I was looking
for. They can handle the 50000+ files of the Master directory.

All the files in the bin/ and texmf(-dist|-doc)? Tree are handled by
Tools/tpm-factory.pl. I have another tool which allows me to 'sync' 2 trees
based on a root tpm, example: sync the texlive effective files between
c:/program files/TeXLive (destination) and c:/source/texlive/Master (depot
copie) forth and back. This was not exactly obvious to do because I wanted
it to work with the xemtex subtree of it too, so the syncing should be
intelligent enough to remove / copy files only when they are inside the
source tree, but not outside of it.

All in all, Karl, you can try to automate rebuilding of tpm files with those
lines:
TOOLS=//depot/Master/Tools
perl $(TOOLS)/tpm-factory.pl --clean --patterns=from --arch=all \
--type=TLCore
perl $(TOOLS)/tpm-factory.pl --clean --patterns=auto --arch=all \
--type=Package
perl $(TOOLS)/tpm-factory.pl --clean --patterns=auto --arch=all \
--type=Documentation
perl $(TOOLS)/tpm-factory.pl --check=cov --arch=all --type=all \
> $(TOOLS)/texlive-coverage.log
perl $(TOOLS)/tpm-factory.pl --check=dep --arch=all --type=all \
> $(TOOLS)/texlive-dependencies.log
perl $(TOOLS)/tpm-factory.pl --check=dup --arch=all --type=all \
> $(TOOLS)/texlive-duplicates.log

Fabrice