[tex-live] substructure for enc and map

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu May 13 10:30:03 CEST 2004

At 02:44 13/05/2004, Karl Berry wrote:
>     i still need to patch texfont to the latest changes
>     (enc/dvips|ps|generic, can you make a decision there?
>
>     or maybe i should just decide for enc/pdftex to make things easier);
>
>I guess I am inclined to keep things as they are:
>
>fonts/enc/<package>/whatever
>fonts/map/<package>/whatever
>
>Regarding map files, no rename from dvips to generic.  As Thomas said,
>there's lots of other kinds of (completely different) map files in the
>world.
>
>Regarding enc files, it doesn't seem to me that we need the additional
>level of ps, truetype, svg, etc.  Encoding files in non-PostScript
>formats might certainly come to exist, but they will still be installed
>by/for certain packages.  Filename extensions seem like a better way to
>distinguish between formats, if we need to in the future.
>
>So unless there are objections ...

i'm no longer sure what a package is; dvips and context both are, so i had:

fonts/enc/context/...
fonts/map/context/...

but -according to posted guidelines- now changed it (for the last time) in:

fonts/enc/dvips/context/...
fonts/map/pdftex/context/...

before i post any update of context, i want to test my mini-texlive with
new binaries first

Hans