[tex-live] Re: schedule for tl2004
olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Sat May 8 03:00:33 CEST 2004
Karl Berry writes:
> So, the revised schedule in your message of cutting discs in early
> September, instead of early July (two months difference), is basically
> in sync with that plan, adjusted for current reality.
> If we have a stable platform in June to start serious testing with, I'll
> be ecstatic. And I don't mean tweaking the paths in texmf.cnf :). I
> mean the actual core source releases that we will distribute.
> I do not know if that is realistic, i.e., how much more work Olaf,
> Fabrice, Thomas, you (Martin), Hans, and everyone else is planning on.
> Any estimates, dear developers :)?
As it happens I'm in a brief window where I can do some work on this.
You'll get something that ought to be very close to webc 7.5.3 this
saturday (later today for me). After that I'll probably be unable to
work on web2c for two weeks, but should be able to wrap things up
At present I've done:
- changes in the xord/xchr/xprn handling (decribed in greater detail
- -8bit option
- pushing $engine in the environment
- using .fmt for all TeX-family engines
- -halt-on-error option
- spaces in filenames, along the pattern provided by MikTeX,
that is you use quotes like this:
\input "filename with spaces"
- like MikTeX (again) if a filename with spaces is printed, quotes are
- installation (by my Makefile :) of the dumps in subdirectories of
This should take care of most of the differences with the windows code
base. The changes touch omega and aleph as well.
- some of the stuff above is not yet documented.
- Makefile glitches.
The documentation may end up being postponed a bit.
(This space left blank for technical reasons.)
More information about the tex-live