[tex-live] texexec can't find texexec.pl

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Mar 19 23:12:19 CET 2004

At 20:50 19/03/2004, you wrote:
> > Seems texexec fails with the current TL source?
>
>I don't see why it fails.
>
>But, this reminds me: Hans should repackage things to make use of the new
>   kpsewhich --format=texmfscripts
>and store his scripts somewhere below texmf/scripts/context.

i know, and i'll do it asap, but i need to check/patch all our internal and
external project trees as well (we have more scripts than the ones in the
distribution and not all of them are located by means of kpsewhich but more
efficiently located using initialization files) so you have to give me some
time to sort things out.

(now i also end up with a split of context/examplap files over
texmf/scripts and texmf/context which means that i have to adapt some
scripts that use specific fall back strategies to locate configuration
files that from now on now no longer are located in a simple relative
location to the calling program and the new, more flexible, kpse library is
not present on the next texlive; so for that i need to patch scripts in an
ugly/dirty way); i hope that we have some time before tex live goes live)

Hans