[tex-live] t1code.tex not found

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Thu Mar 11 12:58:32 CET 2004

> I have a little comments to TDS: IMHO the TDS declares directory
> structure principally for better orientation over the files for human
> who are using ls, cd, cat etc. These commands are basic UNIX tools for
> parsing arbitrary directrory structure. If you say that the human
> access is not important but only machine access (by special software)
> then I dont understand, why you separe the information to the files
> and directories.

We need to maintain lists of files automatically. In order to achieve
this, we need to establish connection between package names and paths in
the tds texmf tree. Csplain qualifies as a TeX format. LaTeX qualifies as a
TeX format. Their runnable files are found under texmf/tex/${format}/base.
Either we start to create categories and we can handle the whole texmf-dist
tree automatically or we let package authors put files where they like
and we need to maintain package creation by hand. In my opinion it is a
technical reason.

Please reread my message about the rules I have set up for building
packages automatically using these kind of rules.

Fabrice