[tex-live] Re: install for compressed CD

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon Jun 21 17:11:45 CEST 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> OK, I will look at these in due course. Can you confirm that the install
> from the "live" image

Voila, for "live" image":
Before displaying menu:
ls: collection*tpm: No such file...

Preparing list of files works extremelly slowly (e.g. I see Czech/Slovak
about 1 min., PC 1.8Mhz machine)

Too many errors like:
/bin/gtar: *Size\: 1048: Cannot stat...
/bin/gtar: *Size\: 1271: Cannot stat...
/bin/gtar: *Title\: Base documentation: Cannot stat...
/bin/gtar: *Title\: Essential programs and files: Cannot stat...
/bin/gtar: -bin-tex: Cannot stat...

Compared to tl-compr. (installed 156 binaries) I have now only 107.
Anyway, macros and fonts seems to be better installed then for compressed,
except missing contex, obsolete texmf-dist/omega/ (recommended scheme), etc.

Since install-tl.sh runs texconfig init, we have config files in texmf-var/
and in texmf-local/ and that's really problem. I'm writing that not because
I love being show stopper and not because I love starting discussions :(

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl