[tex-live] binaries

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 13 15:48:12 CEST 2004

    add perhaps 3 more platforms (a typical set comes in at about 25 mbytes)

I'm not excited about adding more (relatively) obscure platforms.  It is
hard enough to manage the ones we have.  Also, filling up the compressed
CD so that we're perpetually having to hack at a package here and a
package there to reduce the size, as we had to do with demo, sounds like
a big time sink to me, with little gain.

Binaries for any platform can be made available on the web.
We've done that before.