[tex-live] package sizes

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jun 8 21:49:34 CEST 2004

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>what I want to see is cm-super release a subset of itself,
>containing files needed to complement lmodern, but I guess
>thats not trivial.

math and cyrillic i guess

the idea was that the latin modern would replace plr/csr/aer and part of
cm-super, so why miss this opportunity?

why not play dicatator a bit and announce to throw them out unless it
can be proven that it's needed -)

>as for the .mf files, don't lets start that war again :-}

well, sometimes one gets away with just starting a war and removing unwanted elements from the scenery

btw, since it's scripts doing the automatic mf to pk thing (in case of missing fonts), couldn't those tools just gunzip the files before they are used? kind of what the new kpse library will do

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE