[tex-live] Updating packages over the internet a la MiKTeX

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Jun 6 13:41:18 CEST 2004

On Jun 6, 2004, at 01:01, Fabrice Popineau wrote:

> Well do you know that MiKTeX is using *our* TPM files to build his set
> of
> cabfiles ?

Hmm. Let's see if I understand this. We have CTAN, TeX Live's Master
tree is taken from CTAN (right?) and the TPM's are maintained by the
TeX Live crew. MiKTeX's repository is taken from TeX Live. MiKTeX's
repository then is reinserted in another branch of CTAN (win32).

teTeX's texmf tree is (Thomas informs me) taken from CTAN (largely)
with a bit of hand work thrown in.

Is this in fact how it is?