[tex-live] free software, DFSG

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jun 4 17:22:53 CEST 2004

Karl Berry wrote:
>     in "open source" world, but Karl is reminding me that TeX Live is
>     actually in "free software" world, and that I am applying the wrong
>     criteria.
>
> Are you talking about the (stupid, IMHO) official open source "mark"?

stupid it may be, but it is the sort of thing that gets
written into contracts. indeed, I am writing a document
myself recommending that as a strategy. if it aint on the
OSI list, it aint "open source" in this government world.

be glad. government is doing open source. but they need
formal bodies to approve things.
--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services