[tex-live] free software, DFSG

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jun 4 14:11:29 CEST 2004

This little discussion suggests to me that I was likely wearing
the wrong hat when I made that decision about OFS; normally I think
in "open source" world, but Karl is reminding me that TeX Live is
actually in "free software" world, and that I am applying the wrong
criteria.

So shall we just put in OFS after all?

Sebastian

PS if I was a dictator, I'd like to throw out all the LaTeX packages
called "somethingX" or "newX", where a person writes a new package
to enhance an old one, instead of working with the original author. sigh.