[tex-live] free software, DFSG

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 4 12:36:30 CEST 2004

At 11:10 04/06/2004, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>Stepan Kasal wrote:
>
>>The fact that OFS won't be included on TeXlive causes bad feelings against
>>free software community among Czech TeX users.
>>

>perhaps one of the Czech TeX users would like to do some research
>into the many TeX packages licensed with an accepted open source
>license, and see whether there is a recorded case of "abuse"
>which would be prevented by the Olsak license?
>
>If everyone else involved in TeX Live says we should include OFS, I
>am not a dictator. Others should say what they think.

packages that don't conform to the rules that sebastian has set for the
main tree, can go into texmf-extra on the dvd, as was done with the
utopia/fourier font collection; that way the package is distributed and
users can copy texmf-extra over their main tree if they are satisfied with
his rules for usage and so get rid of their bad feelings

(in that case, manfred is probably the one to handle that)

Hans