[tex-live] Re: bbmtt10.tfm in test-texlive2004-live-20040627

George N. White III aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Jul 2 17:39:04 CEST 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> George N. White III wrote:
>
>> Testing "latex symbols" fails.
>>
> did you mean to report this to the texlive list?

Sorry -- haste makes waste and I don't have time at present to do
proper testing/reporting.

>> texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/bbm lacks bbmtt10.tfm, and,
>> on linux (Knoppix 3.4), mf gives an error.  Here is bbmtt10.log:
>>
> there is not much I can do about this. if the Metafont sources don't
> compile, report it to the author of the font.

I'm not sure where bbmtt10.tfm got lost.  It is in
tetex-texmf-beta-2.96.3.20040511.  I don't think the .mf sources for these
fonts have changed in years.  Google shows that the error is not new, so
I guess it has been ignored in the past.

For tetex-beta-2.96.3.20040511 both "latex symbols" and "pdflatex symbols"
worked.  With test-texlive2004-live-20040627, adding bbmtt10.tfm and the
.pk file allows "latex symbols" and "pdflatex symbols" to run, but
there are more problems with .pk fonts using dvips or pdflatex because
files like ifclk.gen aren't being found (in TL they are in
texmf-dist/source/latex/ifsym/, but teTeX had them with the mf sources).

--
George N. White III  <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>
   Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada