[tex-live] Re: [tex-k] TeX finding filenames with spaces

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Mon Jan 12 14:26:34 CET 2004

> Karl Berry wrote:
>> Interesting.  So the idea is to be able to say \input "foo bar.tex" ?
>>
>> That seems worth supporting in general.  I don't see any problems
>> with it.

> I think nowadays it is a must.  With Gnome and KDE getting popular
> people are getting used to spaces in file names even on Unices.

In this case, I would be glad that Unix people have a look at the patch
in the texk/web2c/tex-supp-w32.ch file in the texlive source tree. It
implements this support for filenames with spaces using the same method
as MiKTeX does (or close to it). I would like to see that not being
system dependent anymore.

Fabrice